Sunday, January 1, 2017

This is the year...

...during which I build up enough time at work to qualify for retirement (October 1st, not that I'm counting the days or anything). I won't be retiring then--my newish mortgage is rather high--but it's nice to know I have an "out" if I need it.

It'd be nice if I had, if not "a life", at least hobbies when I retire, so I'll try to reconnect with my long-lost art. I don't seem to have an idea in my head, but I've collected enough "pretty pictures" (mostly calendars) to copy, so maybe that'll work as a jump-start.

Something has to break this depression, anyway....

2 comments:

Alley said...

Take up jujitsu; do more needlework; write, write, write; take up baking; learn Latvian! No depression is allowed.

Diane Maddox said...

I think we should travel and wear big hats tied on with long floofy scarves, drink fancy drinks on the beach or go see the hot air balloons in Albuquerque! There are so many places I haven't been and would love to go!