Minnie ate an errant flea recently and got a tapeworm for her troubles; I saw it waving from her Spot #13 last Wednesday. (Curious about what fleas have to do with tapeworms? Here's some info.) We got her a little bottle of three tapeworm tablets (praziquantel) from PetSmart, along with a bag of Pill Pockets, and she snarfed up 2.5 of the tabs like a good girl (the last two loaded Pill Pockets got licked a lot, but not eaten). The tapeworms should be dead.
I expected her to have some soft poops as a result of the Pill Pockets, which are basically Greenies, which, unfortunately, don't agree with her. But it's two days since she had the last pill and the last Pill Pocket, and she's still having this sort-of diarrhea. The last episode went past the very smelly soft stage to a very smelly liquid with a few bubbles in it.
The smell--my gawd.... It wakes me up in the middle of the night and I have to get up, cover the mess (Minnie's not very diligent about that), wait for it to harden a bit, and scoop.
I think it may be V-E-T time. And, of course, it's Sunday and snowing like mad off & on.
My furry girl is 7 years old (officially) this year. Her cousin, Sammi (Sister A's kitty), is officially 8 years old. I totally missed blogging their joint Gotcha Day last month, so sue me.
Anyway, keeping an eye on Minnie....