Friday, December 23, 2011

Never shop while punchy

Replacing my queen bed with a full bed back in July, during the Big Remodel, was a reasonable decision--the queen-size sleigh bed I'd bought for a larger bedroom in my old house was way too big for my smaller bedroom in this house. The bed I bought to replace it, however, was not such a hot decision. We were exhausted with work and lack of sleep at the time we bought that cheap thing and probably should not have been driving, much less shopping for furniture. Oh well, live & learn. Less than half a year later, the no-name mattress already has a sizeable dip in the center. The headboard, of course, was shit from the get-go.

Well, I spotted (online) an all-wood bedframe on sale at what I consider the best furniture store in town. We went to have a look at its construction. It's a good, sturdy bedframe, what they call a panel bed--I guess because the head- and footboards are basically square with basically square designs on 'em. It looked great in the store; it looks even better in my bedroom.

Sammy snoopervised the bed-changing process, of course. Minnie was hiding in the den.

The new bedframe is very close to matching the nightstand and dresser I bought with the queen sleigh bed; the n. & d. are just a little bit redder. Close enough for gub'mint work.

Now all I gotta do is find a sale on a good mattress (top only; I can still use the crappy set's box spring), then I'll be happy.

In kitty news, Gram is doing better and was moved to a nursing home a few days ago, so Annabelle may get to keep her person for a while longer. I know Gram is hoping to move back home soon. We're rubbing our lucky kitty feet for her continued improvement, but we've told her daughter and granddaughter that we'll still be here for Annabelle if/when necessary.

No comments: