Friday, October 1, 2010

"My! People come and go so quickly here!"

There's a sudden employment shake-up going on at my workplace today. My former boss, who was moved out of her position into another one (made up on the spot, probably--it wasn't her idea to move), just found out that her current (made-up) position is being "eliminated", so she's out of a job. She's 50-something. Ditto for at least two other long-time employees. My former boss's assistant boss, who was still working as head of a satellite department, has been fired--according to our head gossip, he's been being documented for this move for about a year (first I've heard of it!).

It's a good thing I'm just a damn grunt.

At least, I hope it's a good thing.

I've worked here for 17 years officially today. Seven more years until retirement with pension and medical insurance. Assuming the money's there when I retire, of course. And assuming I can remain employed here for that long without some butcher manager-type slicing me out of the organization for no perceptible reason.

These are shaky freakin' days....

No comments: