Monday, April 19, 2010

A truce, sort of

Our cats, Minnie and Sammi, are gradually becoming acclimated to each other. Yesterday evening was the first time Minnie didn't automatically growl at the sight of Sammi (of course, she was up on her high perch atop the tall chest of drawers, which may have helped). I heard some sort of scrap in the wee hours this morning, but it was very brief, followed by some low growling, and then everything was quiet again. I expect they both scurried off to neutral corners. And Minnie was on the bed by my feet when I woke up this morning. It was a nearly normal morning!

4 comments:

AttieCattie said...

sometimes it takes a while for kittehs to get used to each uvver. good luck!

AttieCattie said...

uh-oh. i spoked too soon. come over and see what happened to me.

las794 said...

Oh, wow, you got a new sister, too!

T said...

You have been busy!! It takes time, but I think in the end, with lots of patience, everything will settle to a normal routine.