Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Well, duh....

I got a chance to test the new locks on the French doors yesterday, and they work very well--I stepped outside to check the ferals' food station and locked myself out of the house. In my slippers. Had to go next door to the neighbors' (in said fluffy slippers) and ask to use her phone to call a locksmith. And since I'm not exactly up-to-date where cellphones are concerned (and fewer people have landlines these days), I had to confess stupidity when I couldn't figure out how to use her phone. It was definitely a humbling experience.

I guess I oughta join the modern world and learn how to use an iPhone-type phone....

Oh, and I am so never leaving the house again without my keys!

3 comments:

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Oh no!
What an experience!
The doors are lovely, however!

Alley said...

Yep, keys in the pocket *all* the time. :)

Wildrun said...

I finally had four extra keys made and I hid not one but TWO outside (pretty far from the house so as not to be easily found). I locked myself out twice one week and had to stack up porch chairs, rip a screen, and push up a window to crawl back inside. That was summer but now it's winter and the windows are locked, so I'm glad for the stowed-away keys.