Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year! And happy official birthday to Minnie!

Sometime in January of 2006, Minnie showed up in my yard and, after a mere two-week courtship, decided to live with me. The rather bad photo at left was taken on her first day in the house. When I took her to the vet to be spayed in February of that year, he thought she was about 2-3 years old, so I decided she was officially 2 years old at the time, hence born sometime around Jan. 2004. That makes her 6 years old today, Jan. 1, 2010 (Jan. 1 being her official birthday).

She's skinnier in the old photo, and leggy-looking, but the most striking difference between Minnie then and now is that the younger Minnie doesn't have the great, fluffy ruff around her neck. Not sure why that would be, but there you are.

And now here's Miss Minnie in her present-day glory.  :)

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Happy New Year and happy birthday to Minnie!!!

T said...

She is so beautiful. She appears to be only about 6 months old in that first photo though! She is gorgeous!
Happy Birthday Minnie!

She found the right home to wander to.

Fin said...

What a Sweetie pie, then and now. I agree with T she looks young. My ruff didn't grow in till after I was about a year. Thanks so much for playing with me.

Happiest of New Years and Happy Birthday too!!!

Tom, Tama-Chan, Sei-Chan, Yuu-Chan said...

Wishing you all a Very Happy New Year, and wishing Minnie a very Happy Official Birthday. She's looking beautiful!

Cory said...

Happy Birthday and Gotcha Day!!!

las794 said...

T & Fin, you may be right--I'll have to adjust Minnie's official age down a year. I didn't know ruffs grew in later. I would've sworn I've seen Maine Coon kittens w/ ruffs, but maybe that was general overall floofiness! :D

Cat with a Garden said...

Happy belated birthday to Minnie! It's surprising the vet told she she's araound two years old. Mom says in that picture she looks like me with 5 months!

Cat with a Garden said...

Oh, I just read the other comments. Yes, ruffs appear later.