Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Elegant new visitor

This beautiful Siamese cat turned up in my backyard yesterday morning and again today; I hadn't seen him (or her) before that. (Pardon the dirty window I shot through; didn't want to alarm the cat by cleaning it first.) Absolutely gorgeous creature--surely he/she belongs to someone. But he stopped for a meal in my food shelter, anyway, and was quite welcome to it. Well, I didn't mind a new visitor, but Leo wasn't too pleased about it. You can see his fat tail below as he stalked after the departing Siamese (it was quite a bit fatter earlier!).

And because it's been so long since I put up a picture of Minnie, here she is tucked into one of her favorite hang-outs, a tiny space in my bedroom closet between a small chest of drawers and the heat pump. I think she likes that spot for the gentle draft of air over her fur when the AC's running.

Minnie needs a Siamese pal, doesn't she? Wish I could talk Miss One-Cat-Per-Household into it....

3 comments:

Daisy said...

How fun to have such a fine-looking visitor!

CCL Wendy said...

Yes, that is a beautiful Siamese kitty! Something tells me that she belongs to someone though. She looks pretty well tended.

Lovely pix of your two!

las794 said...

Yep, that's what I thought, too--her fur's way too neat for her to be a feral or stray.