Saturday, August 22, 2009

Too...much...work...

I'm still working off my overtime from staying home to supervise the bathroom remodel, and working six days a week has long since passed the point of Major Suckage. I've sorta lost track, but I think I have to keep this up through the second weekend in September, depending on how often I have to mow the lawn between now and then (because, see, I take mowing as an excuse not to work at the office, onnaccounta I have to sweat like a pig for hours in my yard in the heat instead). Anyway, when I'm not working at the office, I'm rushing through a regular weekend's chores in one day, so whenever I get any downtime, I collapse on the couch with TV and crossword puzzles. FORGET having any other sort of life. I'm grateful my cat still remembers who I am.

On the other hand, I have managed to find time to become a little bit hooked on Facebook and its dadgum FarmTown game. I spend half my lunchtime now checking on my virtual crops and working at other people's farms. I study the store's seed prices versus maturation rates for the best return. I've set aside a section of my "acreage" for the little house I'll be able to buy someday (with virtual coins, not real ones!). It's completely ridiculous. I resisted invitations to play at first because it seemed like an enormous time sink, all that plowing & planting & harvesting & whatnot...but it isn't that bad, really. And it's kinda fun.

And at least I don't hafta get sweaty.  :D

No comments: