Friday, August 14, 2009

Once-yearly naughtiness

Oh, the diet fell down and went boom yesterday--I treated myself to loads of shrimp scampi and angel hair pasta at my favorite Italian restaurant. Wow, I'm not used to eating like that anymore--I feel like my stomach is still working on getting it all digested! But it sure was gooooooood.  :)  So I've decided that I can have shrimp (which are basically little cholesterol bombs) once a year on my birthday. Which I did. I might add another occasion later, if I can think of something special enough.

But I think I'll be cooking my own shrimp & pasta at home next time. My version is much simpler and lighter...and, of course, comes in reasonably small portions for which I don't have to pay a small fortune.

3 comments:

Artsy Catsy said...

Thank you for visiting us - we've been lonely. My mom is envious of that shrimp scampi; she still has to eat a soft, bland food diet ... yuck! Yes, her doctors told her how serious her c-diff was and really scared us, but she's getting better now, even though they say it might be weeks before she's right again.

Purrs,
Rocky & staff

Daisy said...

Well, if you are going to go off your diet at least it was for something really scrumptious! Besides, I think it's okay to treat yourself sometimes.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Our mom's pitfall is Fettuccini Alfredo......
also known as heart attack on a plate.