- Barack Obama was born August 4, 1961, in Honolulu, Hawaii. Hawaii became a state August 21, 1959, nearly two full years earlier.
- He was born on American soil, so he's an American.
- If that's not enough, his mother was also a natural-born American.
- His father was from Kenya, and under Kenyan law, that gave Barack, his son, Kenyan citizenship, as well, which meant he had dual citizenship as a child.
- This dual citizenship lasted only until young Barack's 21st birthday. Kenya recognizes dual citizenship for children, but Kenya's Constitution specifies that at age 21, Kenyan citizens who possess citizenship in more than one country automatically lose their Kenyan citizenship unless they formally renounce any non-Kenyan citizenship and swear an oath of allegiance to Kenya.
- Obama neither renounced his U.S. citizenship nor swore an oath of allegiance to Kenya; therefore, his Kenyan citizenship automatically expired on August 4, 1982.
- President Obama IS a natural-born citizen of the United States--a citizen of ONLY the United States--whether some folks like it or not.
Thursday, August 27, 2009
Citizenship: Beating a Dead Horse
In the backward burg I presently call home (aka "Conservatives-R-Us so don't you dare disagree or we'll shoot you with our Constitutional right to bear arms"), our congressman recently held a Town Hall meeting, and some nitwit brought up--yet again--the question of President Obama’s citizenship...about which, by the way, there is no question. Here are the facts: