Friday, June 26, 2009

Meet Stella the Stand-in

Sexy, huh? And I bet you thought I was joking about putting up a naked-lady picture in the window to test the opacity of the spray-on frost. Good thing I did, because the spray stuff doesn't quite work. It seemed all right at first, but when I went back inside to take down the masking and clean up, there was all this loose powder on the window. That would have come down the minute any shower water hit it, so I brushed it off carefully, then set up Stella again and went outside for another look. Most of the lines of her figure were still obscured, but I could definitely see her "Delta of Venus". Not good.

So I need another solution. I tried the adhere-by-static window film before this, actually--trying to avoid having to use this messy spray--but it didn't work. I might be able to use the self-adhesive, Contact-type window film that I bought for the dumb little window in the door of my office (jeez, can't a person go unobserved even at lunch??); it works fine for my office, but I'm not sure if it would work for a bathroom. Will have to research this. In the meantime, I'm showering only when it's too light outside to see through the window!

7 comments:

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Its old fashioned, but do they still make that sticky frosted look contact paper that adheres to the window? Maybe that was a 70's kind of thing. It was kind of tacky then, maybe they've improved on it?

Daisy said...

How nice of Stella to volunteer to pose nekkid for you! Can you find some sort of waterproof blinds that you could use there? And then you could open them when you're not showering? Sort of like a mini shower curtain but for the window.

las794 said...

SS&S, they definitely have improved the appearance of frosted-look window film. I just need to find out of it's opaque enough and will stay on in the shower.

Daisy, that's an idea. I'd rather avoid blinds or curtains, but I'll look into it in case I can't find a suitable window film. Yay for Google research! :D

T said...

I have no advice, but I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about your remodeling projects, and I have to hand it to you, you are quite imaginative and dedicated, especially using Stella to help:)

I need a bathroom remodeling, wanna come help? I have A/C ;)

las794 said...

LOL--it'd take a lot more than AC to make me go through that again anytime soon! Maybe AC, steak, shrimp, airfare, stretch limo.... Too bad I don't like beer, I'd throw that in, too. :D

T said...

Hahahaha. hey don't tempt me, I could arrange all that, probably even the limo, this IS Vegas afterall:))

frostedwf said...

I think the best way to go would be to use those window films, they are easy to use and get.
Perry Jamal
frosted window film