Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Monday no-fun-day

Meniere's disease is such a treat--you get to have hours-long dizzy spells, then throw up everywhere, and if you're really lucky, the fun will start while you're trapped at work. Woo-hoo! Fortunately, my work-buds drove me home yesterday (in my car, with another coworker following in his car to bring the first one back) when they discovered me sitting stock still in my dark office, trying to fix my eyes on one unmoving point. It's a good thing, too, because we moved on to the second phase of Meniere's fun shortly after I got home. Bleah.... I'm better today, but was still a bit wobbly this morning. The good news is that my breakfast stayed down and I think I'm gonna live.

Want some info about Meniere's disease? Here's a doctor's explanation and a site about vestibular disorders.

7 comments:

CCL Wendy said...

Hi, I'm so sorry to hear you're suffering from this disease. They thought my husband had it for a while. He had a lot of the same symptoms. However, after about a year of vertigo off and on it stopped, but has left his hearing very reduced.

I hope you can find some relief soon.

possumlady said...

Goodness, sounds terrible! When I was starting to get sick with bronchitis, I had a high fever and I couldn't focus on anything since every object would "jump" away! I then felt very nauseous right before my fever broke. I can't imagine having episodes of that on a regular basis. Is there anything you can take to alleviate the symptoms? Hope you are feeling better.

Thank you for your kind words on the passing of my cat Moochie. It really does help knowing there are others out there that know what it is like to lose a beloved pet.

Cat with a garden said...

Oh my, that sounds horrible! We are so sorry that you're suffering from this disease! Hopefully our purrs will reach you fast! Please look after yourself.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Oh goodness gracious we never heard of this disease! All the SSS's are purring for you to feel better soon and that things can become manageable for you! Purrrrrrrr!

Fin said...

So sorry to hear that! Purring for you

las794 said...

Thanks, everybody--all the purrs are washing over me! :) Taking OTC airsickness medicine usually helps, but this was the worst episode I've ever had, & the airsick med didn't do squat. Just had to wait for it to go away. I'm going to ask my doctor again if he'd prescribe a tiny dose of Valium, like my sister & mother take/took for their episodes (they have/had the same thing, although my sister's got the Big Whopping Version, which is a lot worse than mine). My dr. was reluctant, but maybe I can change his mind with my tale of woe. :)

T said...

Oh geez, I'm just catching up. I am so sorry you have this, and have not been feeling well. I hope you are feeling somewhat better, and your doctor can give you something to help with the symptoms.

By the way, LOVE Leo's freckles!