Saturday, May 23, 2009

Ginger

Had a rare visit from Ginger this morning. She's Leo's mother and has been living across the street (at the other crazy cat lady's house) for the past few years. This morning, I looked up from my book at breakfast, and there she was on the back porch, just sitting on her haunches looking at me, with the little pink tip of her tongue sticking out. The whole time she was out there, her tongue was sticking out. Very odd. I wonder if she lost some teeth? I tried to slink close to the glass door reeeeeeeeally slowly so as not to alarm her into running off, but I made one unintentional sharp movement and she was outta there in a flash.

The pic is one of only two I ever got of Ginger. Here, she's lounging in my yard with Mr. Black, who went to the Bridge some years ago.

It was nice to see Ginger up close again. And other than the funny tongue thing, she seems to be healthy.

5 comments:

CCL Wendy said...

What a sweet picture of two kitties communing in nature! I don't think the tongue sticking out is a problem -- that happens with Dante all the time -- he just forgets it's out there, that's all!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Ginger is a pretty one!! How nice to pay you a visit! More kitten pics at our blog, they've moved in...

Ailurophile said...

Oh what an interesting encounter. Ginger appears to be a very sweet kitty. Good to learn that she is doing well. That's a priceless photos of her with Mr Black, sitting calmly.

Elin said...

Beautiful capture!
Nice to meet u!

xoxo

T said...

Nice photo. Glad you got to see her again. Also, I think that is cool that you have another *crazy cat lady* across the street!