Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Does your cat do this?

My lunatic cat, Minnie, scares herself awake every once in a while. She'll be curled up against my outstretched arm, deep asleep, then start twitching a little, then twitching a lot, and suddenly she'll launch herself off my arm as if someone had zapped her with a cattle prod! Every time she does that, I wind up with battle scars. She did it again last night, and this morning my arm looks like I've been shooting up heroin--two long scratches that look like track marks, plus assorted single-claw divots. Crazy cat....

Minnie needs to wear her nails down climbing more trees--or let me give her a pedicure!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Harley and I both sometimes twitch and move our paws in our sleep but we never actually leap up! Minnie is a little bit silly.

Cat with a garden said...

Siena twitches a lot and sometimes even screams and whines. She only did that leaping up thing once and had a very funny expression on her face!
Come by tomorrow, it's Siena's first birthday and we will celebrate in the garden!
Purrs, Chilli

The Island Cats said...

We've twitched and woken our selves up...mom sez we were probably dreaming. But we've never scratched her...we think Minnie needs that manicure!