Sunday, April 19, 2009

Catch-up day

I've been out of pocket for a few days while Sister A. visited this weekend. We had a great time--didn't even spend too much money or eat too much junk food! One thing we found while out shopping was a much cheaper substitute for the sconces I'd picked out for my remodeled bathroom (ETA spring 2011, now). Below are pix of my first choice (left) and the ones we found yesterday (right) with a quick-&-dirty bronze overlay where I'll be spraypainting the original finish. They were $21 less each than the sconces I chose originally, and they look just as good! Yay for discontinued styles!

I got to show off my little Prius this weekend, of course, but only after a frog-strangler of a rainstorm Thursday evening which threw big chunks of hail at my new car--EEK! Fortunately, I haven't found any damage. Lots of people around here weren't so lucky.

2 comments:

Cat with a garden said...

It's cool to find something equal for less money! Thank you for the sweet birthday wishes. Purrs!

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Thats neat! I like the new sconces!
Sounds like you got lucky with the hail!!