Thursday, March 19, 2009

Things I learned recently & other random bits

  • Just because you have a 15-year warranty on a mattress, that doesn't mean the mattress will actually last 15 years. In fact, it might start sagging in the middle after only 5 years. My aching back and neck can testify to this fact.

  • Getting a new bedroom set (so I can move up to a queen-size bed and get some much-needed storage into the place) is as easy as getting lost four times on the way to the store, then shelling out a bunch of money (but really not too desperately awful an amount for something I'll buy only once). You have to wait a week or so for delivery, too, but that's no biggie.

  • Cat owners (or, rather, servants) buy things based on how said objects relate their cats--for example: Will Minnie try to eat this or claw it to ribbons? Can it withstand cat barf? Will it show cat hair...? Minnie doesn't claw wood (she prefers carpet), so I think the new bed will be safe.

  • I swear on a stack of Bibles, pancakes, or anything else you like that my debts will be paid off THIS YEAR, in spite of today's purchase. That's FINAL.

  • Remodeling the bathroom, however, will wait until next year. It's less important than good sleep.

  • On the kitty front, Creampuff is definitely a boy. I got a glimpse of "the works" as he was scooting under my car today.

  • The visible presence of "the works" means ol' Puff-Man needs a trip to the vet as soon as I can trap him.  :)

6 comments:

T said...

Oh boy, i can so relate to many of these. The new B/R set, congrats, that is a very important purchase! Sleep needs to be a priority. Of course I wouldn't know, i don't get much now days.

Buying objects that relate to cats, Oh my, i thought I was the only one that did that, nice to know I am not alone:)

Creampuff...good to know you were able to catch a glimpse of "the works". Good luck trapping him. I bet he will be an easy one for you.

Daisy said...

I'm glad you learned Creampuff's "secret"!

Cat with a garden said...

Ha, Creampuff! We knew it! And what a handsome mancat you are.
We agree that good sleep is worth quite a bit. Good thing you got your priorities set and don't go over the top with doing the bedroom AND the bathroom.
Purrs, Siena & Chilli

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Its so fun to get new furniture! Even though there's a price tag with it....
Just caught up on your blog....what a handsome boy Creampuff is. That's quite a tail. Are you considering taking im into your home?

las794 said...

I'd love to, but Minnie would never stand for it--she's a one-per-household kitty.

The Island Cats said...

Good luck catching Creampuff!!! We agree, you gotta take care of those "works!"