Saturday, March 7, 2009

Creampuff & Co.

This fellow (or gal--I haven't been able to tell through his/her fuzzy drawers) began hanging around my house about a month ago, maybe a little less. Just walked right up to me meowing & rubbing my legs & eating up the headrubs, even though I'd never seen him/her before. Brave kitty! Also a rather bedraggled kitty, with fur all in knots spangled with the little red seed-thingies Minnie's been "wearing" whenever she goes out lately. Today, stun me all to pieces, he/she let me brush that fabulous fur rather vigorously. I was also able to get some icky crust from a runny nose off its chin (I think that's what it's from, anyway) and soften the bit on its nose a little with a wet rag (warm water, naturally). I read in my cat vet book that Afrin children's strength nose drops applied to one nostril per day can help, so I'll try that, since Creampuff lets me pet and handle him/her quite a bit. Of course, that may change when I try to squirt stuff up his/her nose!

This can't be a feral. It might be a pet who was put out or just strayed from home, because it was too eager to be petted, etc.

Here are some more pix of Creampuff before I decided to try brushing him/her (that creamy coat looks a lot better now, after I brushed a big handful of scrubby fur and "cling-ons" out of it). The photos are a bit blurry; he/she was moving around the whole time.

Creampuff's closeup. There was grit in the corner of its eyes, but its nose is the worst, with a very uncomfortable-looking yellowish crust all over it. The kitty sneezed several times, or blew out through its nose, as if trying to clear it. I'll see what I can do about that.

Naturally, I had observers during this photo session....

Here's Leo in the big cathouse near the back door and the feeding station. He's keeping a close eye on the newbie.

Minnie again kept watch from inside the house. She's a lot less forward now than even just a year ago. Guess my little girl has grown up!

5 comments:

T said...

WOW, she/he is beautiful. I'm so glad this one isn't feral and you are able to handle him/her and take of any and all issues that need cared for.

Thank goodness they know where to go.:)

las794 said...

Yep, right to the Crazy Cat Lady's place! :D

Daisy said...

That cat's a beauty!

Cat with a garden said...

What a gorgeous cat! It really hurts to think of how he/she could look like if being taken care of. Those paws seem like they're supposed to be white. Our guess is that it's a he as ginger female cats are rarer than male cats. Maybe you could even find someone for him?! Such a friendly cat...
Purrs, Siena

Cat with a garden said...

P.S.: Squuueeeee!