Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fluffy, fur, and the diet (mine, that is)

Got a little better look at Fluffy's neck yesterday, although I didn't have my camera handy. It looks like there is a wound of some sort, but the area is clean and dry (and devoid of fur, which is why I could see it), so I think that whatever happened, it's healing up. Will keep an eye on it, as far as possible.

If you watch PBS, you've probably seen their commercial which includes the phrase "Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur." That goes for domestic cats, too. Fluffy's coat is black and his skin (visible at the neck right now) is a charcoal gray. When Minnie, my indoor kitty, was spayed, her tummy was shaved and I could tell exactly where her different colored furs normally grow: pink where white fur goes, orangy-tan under ginger fur, and a medium brown under brown fur. Such a cute, multi-colored belly....

Re: the diet, I've lost another two pounds--I'm down eight so far, and my jeans are getting loose!

3 comments:

Daisy said...

Congratulations on the diet! And I am glad to learn that Fluffy's neck looks like it is healing up good.

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

We didn't know that about our skin. Very interesting!

Good job on the 2 lbs gone forever!

Purrs Goldie, Shade and Banshee

Cat with a garden said...

Yep, it's the same with little Chilli's belly - she got spayed recently and sports the "shaved yet multicoloured look" too. You are doing so great with your diet - concatulations!
Siena & Chilli