Friday, February 13, 2009

Finally Friday

Seems like it's been a long ol' week, and I'm glad to see it drawing to a close. Let's see, what all's happened...?
  • Stumpy's paw is almost normal again, and he's developed a little "pash" for me--whenever he turns up, he rubs on my legs and lets me pet him just like Leo does. He doesn't care for headrubs like Leo, though--Leo likes to lay his head against my leg and have me cup & scrub his little head for a bit. Stumpy isn't into that.

  • Minnie is still playing with her catnip carrot. At just over a month since she got it, that's a record for her! And I'm convinced she's reacting to the catnip inside. Sure wish I could get a video of her wrestling, biting, kicking, and otherwise going nutzoid with her little carrot--it's a scream!

  • I've lost a couple more pounds. I'm having veggies with beans plus fruit for lunch everyday (I think the last meat I had was a grilled chicken wrap from Sonic last Saturday) and a protein bar plus a little more fruit for supper. Breakfast is cereal and--you guessed it--fruit.  :)  As Sid the Sloth said in Ice Age, "It's hard to get fat on a vegan diet." It also helps in losing weight, too, which is good, because, unlike Manny the Wooly Mammoth, I can't say of my rotundity, "It's all this hair. It makes me look...poofy."
Other than that, I've just been working away, very grateful to have a good job and a mortgage that won't be foreclosed on me. Amen!

4 comments:

Cat with a garden said...

So you've been watching Ice Age?! Thank you for the purrs for our little one. We're glad to hear about you! Yay to Stumpy, to the deaded pounds and the nip carrot! TGIF...

Lux said...

It's good to be thankful for good things. Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

T said...

Congrats on the loss of pounds. Good for you!

Hooray for Stumpy, so nice to hear.

Shaggy, Scooby and Scout said...

Awwwww Stumpy you little lover, you!
We gotta get us a catnip carrot, or bananner. One of our friends posted a new video of them playing with their new nanner and it's really something!!
Our mom is dieting too. Watching fats and working the treadmill. She's lost about 12 pounds or so since Christmas. Had to go down a size in jeans!! It's not easy.