Sunday, January 18, 2009

The patient is doing well...

...and the meds-in-the-stinky-meat trick worked like a charm. Stumpy got his first proper dose of antibiotic today at suppertime. His wounds are scabbed over well and he's walking much better today.

I gave Minnie some stinky meat first to distract her while I slipped out the door with a second dish. Stumpy was curled up in the same spot by the fence. I waited while he licked up all the liquid around the meaty bits. He also ate most of the meat. Leo was sniffing around very intently the whole time, but I kept him away until Stumpy was done, then let Leo finish off the leftovers.

Tomorrow, I'll dish up three little bowls, feed Minnie, then go take care of the two boys.

I felt so good about my victory, I treated myself to a little bit of spaghetti. It's not exactly on my diet, but I filled half the plate with steamed veggies, so I was a mostly good girl.  :)

4 comments:

Daisy said...

Hooray for sneaking the medicine to Stumpy in such a delicious way for him!

Tom and Tama-Chan said...

Glad to hear you managed to get the meds into Stumpy!

Tom and Tama-Chan

Everycat said...

Yay for success!

I bet the spaghetti tasted good, you deserved it!

Cat with a garden said...

That sounds good! It is very good no be nice to oneself, too!