Thursday, November 13, 2008

Be alert! The world needs more lerts.


Red alert!
Originally uploaded by lasmyth
It's high time I put up a photo of my lovely Minnie-cat.

New Year's Day--just a month and a half away--is Minnie's official birthday, or "gotcha" day, the first day of the month she took up residence in my home. She'll be officially five years old then; her actual age is just a guess in that neighborhood. It's hard to believe she's been with me for nearly three years. She's got her moods, like any cat (or any human), but she's almost always a sweetie, and a right pig for scritches...especially at 5:30 a.m. or so, when she senses me coming up reluctantly from sleep in anticipation of the alarm going off.

Anyway, I took this photo a few weeks ago while shooting pix for eBay auctions--I caught her just as she spied someone at the door and went on Red Alert. Click on the pic to "biggify" it on my Flickr site. Plus you'll find three other pix of Minnie, this time squaring off against her archenemy, Leo the Pee Monster.  :)

2 comments:

Lux said...

Minnie's just lovely - her furs are such pretty colors. I laughed at the picture of her with Leo.

I'm glad Minnie found you!

Everycat said...

Minnie is seriously beautiful!