Saturday, November 29, 2008

Really tired of this subject...

...but there you are, we've got pee in the news again. Minnie sprayed my couch, or leaked on it somewhere, or some damn thing to make it stink. I slathered it with Febreeze last night and Nature's Miracle today, and I hope one or both of them help. I found lots of suspicious spots on the couch, but I can't tell in daylight whether they're actually pee. I'll have to wait and go over the couch after dark with my UV light. Anyway, I sprayed N.M. on all suspect areas and I hope it improves things.

On the kitty front, there were no tiny pee clumps in the litterbox after last night, which means Minnie never felt the urgency (unless she did it on my couch, grrr), so maybe she's getting better.

I really hate the smell of cat pee.

3 comments:

Everycat said...

Minnie might still have inflamation in her bladder, stress can really bring on bad bouts of cystitis in girl cats. Your vet might give you an anti-nflamatory (like Metacam) to go with the antibiotics and this will speed up her recovery and make her more comfortable. Put up a couple of Feliway diffusers around places she likes to be, or near the places she pee'd, they can really help a cat who has been frightened feel more secure. You could try giving her a safe room or place in your home that she can run to when stressful stuff happens. We've used the urinary formula foods for a 18 months with Whicky who had a whole bladderful of crystals when we took him on. These foods have proved to be good. He's been clear for over a year now with no cystitis or crystals.

Best of luck and get well soon Minnie!

Whicky Wuudler

las794 said...

Wow, I wouldn't have thought a scary encounter with repairmen in the house could lead to a bladder problem that lasts for days! Kitties are more delicate than I thought. Minnie *is* doing better on her antibiotics--the tiny pee clumps are now normal-size clumps. :)

Everycat said...

Yeah stress is one of the classic causes of cystitis in cats. Big stress can also cause diabetes in cats too!

Kitties are tough in some ways but ever so delicate in others!