Wednesday, October 8, 2008

"Whatcha readin'?"

Over breakfast, I've been reading Tell Me Where It Hurts, by Nick Trout, an English vet transplanted to the U.S. early in his career. It's really interesting, and he's a funny guy. I have a little trouble following the "current" patients in among anecdotes about past events, but what da heck--I like all the critter stories.

Also, if you remember Roger Corman's Night of the Living Dead with fondness, you'll love Zombie Haiku. A coworker loaned me this book yesterday and it's a scream. Really--there was quite a lot of screaming. (Well, you know how zombies are, always snacking on the living.) And all in haiku, except for a little narrative at the beginning and end. Very original!

At bedtime, I've been rereading an old Cat Who... and a James Herriot book. I need something more boring, though--I've had a helluva time trying to sleep lately (yeah, and when is it different??). Maybe I'll take up philosophy. That oughta inspire snores....

No comments: