Saturday, September 27, 2008

Uh oh....

Saw a rather disturbing thing yesterday afternoon--my female cat, Minnie, sprayed the fence in the backyard. The neighbors were mowing and weed-eating at the time, so there was a lot of racket going on, plus there were at least two ferals in my yard at the time, so I hope Minnie was just freaked out by all the noise and felt the need to mark her territory. (It was the fence between us and the noisy neighbors that she sprayed.) I've never seen her spray before, nor found any suspicious spots in the house, so maybe it was a one-time occurrence.

I've heard that some female cats do spray, and she is a very dominant kitty--she puts her paw down with the visiting ferals and lets them know she's in charge. Hopefully, she won't make a habit of spraying. I really think it was just all the noise...I hope.

No comments: