- Gut the bathroom down to the studs and subfloor. Send the tub to be refinished. Retain the toilet to be reset.
- Repair/replace subfloor as necessary and install new flooring.
- Reset toilet. (Sure hope these first three steps can be done in one day, or I'll have to rent a port-a-john!)
- Replace/repair electrical.
- Replace/repair plumbing.
- Install new vinyl-clad window and frame.
- Install new moisture-proof sheetrock.
- Reset tub.
- Tile tub area and set grab bars.
- Install new water heater closet door, medicine cabinet, vanity, and linen cabinet.
- Install new light fixtures.
- Install new towel bars, switch plate covers, cabinet knobs, and décor items.
I've started compiling a list of goodies I want in my bathroom, thanks to Amazon's new Universal Wish List button, which allows you to collect wish list items from any online store. (Unsolicited plug, there.) I can put stuff from Home Depot & Lowe's & whoever else all in one place--very handy! Mom, you know how to find it. :)
Today, I take pix and measurements. I'll post the pix on Flickr later.