Sunday, May 25, 2008

Skeeters

Well, this is an awkward development: When I was taking out food for the feral kitties last night, a squadron of mosquitos came out of nowhere and started chowing down on me. This morning, in the light, I found out where they came from: inside the food shelters! They were all bunched up in a corner in one of them. In all the years I've been feeding cats from those shelters, I've never had that happen. I took the shelters off this morning and killed a bunch of skeeters, but now the cats' food is open to wind & rain & (once the salt blows away) slugs. I need to find out if there's a way to keep mosquitos away that doesn't involve leaving a special candle burning (not a good idea around kitties if I'm not there to mind it).

Also, I'd better get the holes in my screen door patched quick if I ever want to leave the glass door open again. Skeeters are very small and cat claws leave nice big "doors" for them.

No comments: