Monday, March 17, 2008

Computer whiz (sorta)

I'm back from a flying trip to rescue my sister's computer from being stuck in a loop. Fortunately, it turned out not to be the worm I feared & I didn't have to reinstall anything serious. Going up there, I wasn't sure I could fix it, but everything's cool now & I feel ever so accomplished.  :)

Up until two or three years ago, I was a dedicated Mac-head, but I finally decided that my home setup really needed to mirror my work setup. (I think I mentioned this in one of my 20-things-about-me posts.) I wasn't sure I could handle a PC, since they weren't as user-friendly as Macs, but, to be honest, the Mac system's inner workings had become a mite complicated, too. Turns out I could handle a PC just fine (with occasional help from my friendly neighborhood geek), which was a great relief, and I can exchange data with my work setup without anymore translation.

"When I left you, I was but the learner; now I am the master."
"Only a master of evil, Darth."

(Darth Vader and Obi-Wan Kenobi in the original Star Wars, of course.)

BTW, big thanks to my most excellent cat-sitter, who always comes through in an emergency.  :)

No comments: