Thursday, March 27, 2008

Cat attack!

So there I was sleeping peacefully when this huge clatter and a faceful of fur woke me up at 1 in the freakin' A.M. Apparently, Minnie had been trying to climb up on the headboard of my bed (maybe to get at the birds & fish in the Chinese bamboo hangings above it) when gravity reasserted itself and she came crashing down sorta halfway on my head. Let's hear it for adrenaline in the wee hours. She's fine, of course--the bed and my face broke her fall.

Later on, at a slightly more civilized hour, she had an interesting time chasing a spider who had taken up residence in her litterbox. That's the first time she's set paw in the box in months (she prefers to do her business outside). Alas, she broke her "toy".

On a non-fuzzy note, I'm still doing my laps in the halls on break twice a day, but not, I must admit, with perfect regularity. It's so easy to find a reason not to walk: the meeting took up too much time, gotta work; lunch with the crew ran too long, gotta work; birthday party with calorie-laden cake, gotta descend into a carb-coma.... Gotta do better, is what I gotta.

No comments: