Thursday, December 27, 2007

Minnie


Shown here is Minnie, a former stray cat who started showing up at my ferals' feeding station in January of 2006. Gorgeous, isn't she? Looks like a Maine Coon mix to me, but of course I have no idea. Based on my vet's observations, I've put her "official" birthday at Jan. 1, 2004, which makes her old enough not to be kitten-crazy anymore. I don't know whether she was someone else's pet and that person turned her out, but she took to me very quickly--she came to live with me after only about two weeks of "courting." Minnie's an indoor/outdoor cat who likes to patrol the neighborhood. During the winter, she's got a coat like a bear, so she's plenty warm in the cold, but I still try to keep her inside more.

She doesn't like Leo, and it looks like that's not going to change anytime soon. She doesn't sleep with me much anymore, because Leo does, and that makes me sad. Maybe someday she'll get over having her nose out of joint whenever she jumps on the bed to find Leo there. She will still snuggle on the couch with me (if Leo's not there first).

---- =^..^= ---- | ---- =^..^= ----

Leo regressed a bit while I was away for Christmas, but I expected that--he's scared of strangers, even our perfectly nice cat-sitter. Hopefully, with Mom home and his pills restarted, he'll stop spraying again.

No comments: